Congratulations to our inaugural group of Retail Brew Go-Getters!
We’re thrilled to announce the 2022 winners of our Go-Getter Awards™. We created this award to celebrate individuals in the early stages of their retail careers—the coordinators, specialists, and managers already making their marks in the industry.
These winners were chosen from an impressive group of nominees from across North America. Nominees were submitted by supervisors, senior colleagues, and industry peers for demonstrating a bold blend of drive, creativity, and leadership.
We’d like to thank our judges for their time and consideration in reviewing our finalists, and to thank everyone who submitted an entry—we enjoyed reading each and every one.
We couldn’t be more proud of how the individuals below exemplify the Go-Getter spirit, and we look forward to watching them grow into the business leaders and decision makers of tomorrow.
Announcing our 2022 Winners
Full Stack Developer II
Lead User Experience Designer
Merchant Success Lead
Senior Social Media Marketing Associate
Senior Brand Manager
Director of Influencer Partnerships
Associate Business Partner - Talent Acquisition
Lunds & Byerlys
Senior Marketing Manager
Group Director, CCX & Sygnl Product Manager, Minneapolis Office Lead
Manager, Customer Strategy
Drive-Thru Grocery Specialist
OPIE Grocery Stations
Senior Manager, Client Success
Meet the Judges
VP of Consumer Connections
Beth Ann Kaminkow
Co-founder & CEO
Chief Retail Officer
Publisher, Morning Brew
Eleni Savopoulos DuBois
Senior Director, Events & Awards
Director of Growth, B2B
What makes a Go-Getter
Our Go-Getters were selected based on the following criteria:
- This person knows how to rally the troops—they’ve taken a lead role in aligning key stakeholders in an initiative, project, or time-sensitive issue.
- They are biased toward action; when something needs to be done, they don’t need to be told—they’re already two steps ahead.
- In a pickle? They’ve already brainstormed multiple solutions along with the pros, cons, and costs associated with each.
Creativity and Inspiration
- This person plays a key role in ideating and putting forward ideas for new projects, campaigns, and initiatives. They keep an ear to the ground—paying attention to ongoing trends, industry developments, and competitors.
- They’re always looking out for better ways to do things, whether promoting more effective collaboration, improving outreach and communications, streamlining processes, or staying organized.
- They’re willing to take risks and put themselves out there—volunteering for first-time missions and always ready to explore uncharted ground.
- This person doesn’t necessarily have direct reports, but team members consider them a leader in their own right—someone who strongly represents the organization and its values.
- They are recognized by senior leadership for their contributions to the organization and clear potential for growth, and show a personal commitment to their own learning and development.
- They are a consistent and reliable teammate, no matter the situation—equally ready to play a supporting role or to step up and lead the show.